Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Sunday 13 May 2012

Hobby versus Addiction

...Stamping...is it a hobby or an addiction?

I could argue both sides and say it's definitely a hobby but then after visiting Port Sunlight yesterday I realise it could be more of an addiction...I mean really I have thousands of stamps, wooden and unmounted and really did I need any more...


Well obviously...yes i did...doesn't that little stash there make me look good though...oh hold on...That was just the stamps...

Here's my wooden alterables...


Here are my "other" alterables and Tim Holtz crackle paints, picket fence stain...which I've been after for ages, stickles and stamp cleaner...


That's not all...
Here's my masks, some more stamps, new scissors and chipboard fob watch...


And that's the stash for the day...ooh apart from the pan pastels I finally treated myself to, have wanted some for ever but they have only recently been available in the UK...maybe I need some more of them though!!!

So today after the obligatory washing, ironing and cleaning I had a little play with some of my new stash, I saw lots of inspiration yesterday and had ideas buzzing in my head from about 6.30am this morning...bloody insomnia...anyway came up with this wall hanging which I'm entering into Hel's Sunday Stamper challenge, which this week is Queens and Crowns...look closely and you'll spot the crown!!!


The circles were all hand cut from greyboard, painted with a couple of coats of cream acrylic paint then inked with distress ink, stamped and embellished with fabric flowers, die cuts, stamped images, buttons and lace...clue the crown is a stamped image on the middle circle!!!

Loved creating this, although my fingers are rotten!!!

Also managed to create this card for some classes this week...


I love that little "Gorjuss" girl and completed with lots more distressing, stamping, embossing and die cutting.

So the hobby versus addiction...It's my hobby but I'm definitely addicted!!!

Standing up...I say..."my name is Est and I'm a stampaholic"!!!

Take care
Love
Est xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Redanne said...

My name is Anne and I am a stampaholic too! LOL. I bought the same little alterable house x 2 that you did. Unfortunately, I think I may have bought a bit more than you, including 3 more pan pastels.........love your hanging and I did spot the crown and your card is lovely too. Crafty hugs, Anne Rx

Georgia P Designs said...

Yes, but Esther you could also say it's your job, lol! Love all the things you bought, no wonder you felt inspired, I also spotted the Keep Calm Stamp. Fab makes. Lx

Barb Cady said...

Didn't you have a Great Shopping Time! And how can a Girl have too Many stamps? Love your circles Piece x

Hels Sheridan said...

Addiction, compulsion... whatever it is, I like the feeling so I carry on... ahem... collecting LOL LOVE those two wee butterfly stamps in the top pic... where they from hun? Me needs them! Love your hanging, tis so pretty... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... hope you have a fab class x