Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Sunday 22 April 2012

Sunday Stamping and Smiles

What is it about days off work, we look forward to them so much, count down the days, hours...minutes even and then bam blink and they are over, only to have realised that the day has been spent catching up on dull housework...!!!

I have spent the last couple of hours "working" luckily that means making lesson samples so I'm inky...again!!!

Have created this which I'm entering in Hel Sheriden's summer stamping challenge...


I've created a little calico heart, which has been dyed using fired brick distress ink, painted with gold acrylic paint and then sewn together and stuffed, added some black felt wings which I added some sparkly stitching to, added a gold crown which was heat embossed, then mounted the heart onto a tag which was distressed and stamped, I added some black dyed ribbon and lace and a die cut treble clef and voila...

...Red hot for summer...well we can dream can't we...the addition of the crown for the Queens Jubilee and the treble clef for all the music festivals that take place during the summer...I love summer...working for a college means I get six weeks off!!!

Then I created this little wall hanging...


Stamped Gorjuss girl, water coloured with distress inks, die cut flowers and butterflies...again coloured with distress inks, stamped leaf, I think this was a freebie from Craft Stamper, triangle background coloured with peeled paint distress ink and stamped and scalloped triangle coloured with spiced marmalade...I love this colour combination and I think I'm doing particularly well in my "ban on brown crafting"!!!

Oooh and check these out...I got two blog mentions today...

...one from Pandy who attended my workshop in Kendal last Monday.

The other from Sue who not only attended my demo in Wigan yesterday but also took this picture of me looking all professional...


So thank you very much ladies you made me smile today :-)

I'm off to heat up my melting pot...I've seen an idea...you know how it goes...!!!

Take care
Love
Est xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Oooh I love your tag, it is quite stunning, gorgeous colour and love the way you have done the heart. I wish I had thought of that, not posting mine until tomorrow. Love the hanging too, really sweet.

Jacqueline said...

That tag is stunning!! I just love everything about that! Wish mine turned out that good!

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

Sue said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. Thought I'd pop over & take a look at yours. That heart is beautiful - what a lovely idea & I love the colours you have used on your wall hanging. Beautiful. Will be posting my effort tomorrow! Sx

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh you been a busy bee hun,love all your latest creations... fabulous! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x (PS... all that talk of housework has me shamed... tis Room of Stash cleaning time tonight.... booo! lol)