Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

Well it's goodbye 2011 and hello to 2012...a fresh new year with promise of fresh new beginnings and resolutions, I've not made any yet, not made a decision to eat healthily or give up smoking or anything else for that matter...too much pressure involved, I'm just going to continue to embrace life with all it's ups and downs.

The end of last year, wow that seems strange writing that when it was only yesterday, was pretty harsh, I lost a very dear friend and my Nan within a month of each other and just ended up throwing myself into my work, I've had a little time over the Christmas period to reflect and heal and just to try and come to terms with the loss. I'm creating art again, which I stopped doing and found a wonderful challenge this afternoon over on Kate Cranes
blog, called the 366 challenge, which basically allows you to create a calendar in an art journal giving you the opportunity to journal your month....here's mine for January...created using distress inks, acrylic paint, stamping and a bit of paint flicking...which by the way ended up all over me!!!



Im loving Tim Holtz style at the moment and fell in love with his 12 tags of christmas...can you tell, I'm going to fill this in daily, or maybe weekly but it's something I'm planning on completing each month and at the end of the year will have a detailed journal of the whole year.

I nipped to Hobbycraft one day last week, is it just me or is it really hard to differentiate between days in that week between Christmas and new year, anyway I've discovered a replacement for Mod Podge, it's called Decopatch glossy glue, you can't miss it it's in a bright pink container, it sticks almost instantly and did I mention it's in a pink container ;-)...



Here it is looking rather sexy next to my new Martha Stewart punch...bloody hell how expensive are they but they are gorgeous, I've used it a couple of times already.

Well that's me off...Eastenders is on tonight, BBC are going to mess everyone up tonight showing it on a Sunday...Happy New Year to everyone
Love
Est xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: