Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Tuesday 24 August 2010

CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is official!!!

I can`t wait to go back to work, I love my kids dearly and from the bottom of my heart and all that but cooped up with them indoors whilst it pours with rain is seriously having effect on my mental health!!!

Got up this morning...at stupid o clock I may add, nothing to do with insomnia oh no...my dearest son who went to a party last night and was supposed to be staying the night at a friends house started knocking on the door whilst it was still dark, now call me old fashioned but when I used to "stay the night" somewhere that actually meant the whole night and returning home at a reasonable hour the next day, not something past seven in the morning!!!...anyway like I said I got up this morning to Sunshine, once I had administered a decent amount of caffeine to my body to recover from the shock I decided because it was sunny...honestly...that I would take the kids on a picnic...no sooner had I thought that the heavens opened!!!

ARGHHHH!!!

So that idea out the window and all my other ideas quite literally scoffed at, I googled rainy day activities and had a choice of...wait for it...playing with string, recording the sounds around us, or making an indoor den...go on google it I dare you...dear god...I opted for the picnic idea...indoors obviously, so we moved the furniture back took up the rug, put down a picnic blanket and had a "carpet picnic"....
....
....Do you see now why I have to go back to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did however have a couple of commissions to work on this afternoon...but my god I missed my ipod whilst doing so, I swear if I have to hear another episode of Spongebob I am going to find that Pineapple under the Sea....!!!

Another Christening Card...the third one I have made in two weeks...



A gift bag for Pandora Beads...



Spotted this fabulous site this morning, whilst googling rainy day activities...honest ;-) and came up with this layout using their August 15th Sketch....



And finally....phew I can almost hear you say...

Took this picture tonight, not long after I found out one of my crafty ladies had very sadly passed away, just thought that the clouds looked very beautiful.



Promise to complete Day two of my Blog challenge tomorrow.

2 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

Picnics are overrated anyway, all those bugs!

This is where a Nintendo Wii comes in handy.

Aine Ireland said...

Activities in the rain are hard to come by. Playing with string is never good. A decent DVD with ear phones is always a nice way to distract the kids for a few hours. One of life's best inventions is mobile broadband, second best invention may be school for kids!