Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Saturday 14 July 2007

Haberdashery!!!

Funnily enough I am a regular at my local haberdashery stall in my local market and the friday challenge over at DCM set by Gillian is:



Your card can be any theme you like, just as long as it's got something you'd find in a Haberdashery Department on it
Alright then, grab that old sewing basket of yours or raid your sewing machine drawer, have a look at what creative bits are hidding away there....maybe it's buttons, a zip, hook & eye's, ribbons, braids, Dressmaking patterns, tape measures,Pins & Needles, lace, safety pins or embroidery thread....




So this is what I came up with:



Patterned paper is all by K and Co
Ribbon, lace, buttons and embroidery thread are all from my local Haberdashery market stall
Celebrate stamp is by Studio G
Bloom is by Papermania
Handstitching, doodling and inking to finish

13 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card Est,love the colours and all the bits and bobs you've used!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, love the lace

Sheila said...

I love those colours. Beautiful card.

Anice said...

Great card. I like the way you have used the lace. It can be difficult to use items like that and still have an up to date feel..you've done it!

Lynne said...

Lovely card.

Kathy said...

Lovely card Esther, love the colours and all the bits you've used - it all goes together so well

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very nice card. Love the browns.
I think the lace adds fabulous little touches. I adore vintage.

Cheryl said...

Lovely card! The colors are so soft and pleasing, and I love those bits of lace.

Unknown said...

Really like this card.

Clare said...

Pretty combination of colours, a great card !

Gillian said...

Totally SCRUMMY Esther, love how you use lace on your cards, and this one is no exception... Gorgeous work!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Great card and the colours are wonderful!

Louly said...

Brilliant work again Esther, well done you!